The KDPS Kitchen Garden program is guided by the Stephanie Alexander program. The program enables parents, volunteers, teachers and students to all work together to develop a more sustainable future for our world. The aim of the program is to develop lifelong healthier and happier eating habits in children by having them grow, harvest, prepare and share delicious and healthy food.
All students participate in the program enjoying both a kitchen/ garden session two terms per year.
The program provides students with the opportunity to learn;
- new language to describe foods
- plants, textures and flavours
- use maths to measure and weigh
- to work as a team
- to develop greater self-confidence
- to develop awareness of the environment, sustainability and plant diversity.