Learning outcomes include:
- Polite dinner-table conversation, expand food experiences & pleasurable food experiences – building self esteem, resilience & confidence
- Inspiration for home gardening & cooking
- Relationship building between volunteers and students
- Development of social & life skills & garden to table cycle
- Environmental studies – recycling, water conservation – – living smart concepts
- Nutrition, healthy living habits, life skills & parent participation
- Organic gardening & companion planting
- Multi-sensory & utilise visual concept (eg harvest table)
- Creative arts – incorporated into the garden and kitchen to establish enchanting places & celebrate the beauty of ingredients
- Numeracy & Literacy links eg, scientific reports, procedure writing, measuring, calculations, etc.
Our students work together to grow food in our organic vegetable garden. We harvest the produce from the garden and use it to prepare wonderful dishes. Together we share the variety of dishes created in the kitchen.