At Koroit and District Primary School we offer our Prep and Grade 6 students a wonderful program called ‘Buddies.’ It is one of the many ways we support foundation students settle into school, as well as promoting and developing leadership skills in our senior students.Buddies meet regularly throughout the year to complete fun activities together. These activities include games, learning tasks and craft. The program has an extremely positive impact on both the Foundation and Grade 6 students.
Benefits of the buddy program include:
- Foundation students having another positive role model within the school
- Foundation students having someone to go to if they are worried/scared in the playground
- Foundation and Grade 6 children developing new and positive relationships
- Grade 6 students taking on and developing responsibility
- Grade 6 students learning how to be a positive role model for other students