Discovery Learning Foundation – Grade 2
Discovery learning is an inquiry-based learning theory that takes place in problem solving situations where the learner draws on his or her own past experience and existing knowledge to discover facts and relationships. Students interact with the world by exploring and manipulating objects, tackling questions and controversies, or performing experiments.
Inquiry based approach Grade 3-6
Inquiry based learning is about triggering curiosity. At KDPS the inquiry approach assists with children’s thinking skills, social skills, values and attitudes between subjects. Learning is made relevant and meaningful through an integrated approach, acknowledging that children learn through experience, interest, and active participation.
- Students develop questions
- Students research the topic and find out the answers
- Students present what they have learnt
- Students reflect on what they have learnt, what worked about the process and what didn’t.
Creative Minds at KDPS;
- encourages active engagement
- promotes motivation
- promotes responsibility, independence
- develops creativity and problem solving skills