Our vision is to provide a high quality education where every child is literate, numerate, curios and care.
I learn, We belong, Together we achieve
The KDPS school community exists to care for and educate children so that they can reach their full personal and academic potential.
KDPS is a safe, caring and connected learning community. I learn, We belong, Together we achieve is our school motto. We embed our school motto into our daily actions and interactions.
- I learn – focusing on personal growth and development, always trying our personal best and having a go at new learning and experiences.
- We belong – every child is valued and encouraged to succeed in a safe, happy and stimulating environment and going about our day in a respectful way
- Together we achieve – is about working together, sharing our experiences, celebrating our achievements and encouraging each other.
We follow the 5 School Agreements –
Mutual Respect, Attentive Listening, Appreciations/No Put Downs, Personal Best
and the Right to Pass.
We are a Kidsmatter school focusing on;
- Growth Mindset – working with your children to believe in themselves and supporting them to develop their abilities through practice and persistence
- Practicing GEM (Gratitude, Empathy and Mindfulness)
Gratitude – focusing on what is good in our lives and being thankful for the things and people we have in our lives.
Empathy – developing an awareness of others and being compassionate towards their needs and their feelings through kindness, understanding perspective and respect for other cultures and races and
Mindfulness – emotional regulation and supporting cognitive focus
Why do we practice GEM daily?
Each learning community practices GEM daily because it is proven to have a positive impact on wellbeing (reducing anxiety and depression and increased self control), social learning (increased motivation and engagement in learning and maintaining and nurturing healthy and positive relationships) and cognitive development (enhanced focus on learning.)